Tuesday, June 23, 2015

The Birthday Boy

Willie turned 13 today. We had planned a party for him with other dogs, bringing their people, but that fizzled like the rain which poured down much of the late afternoon and early evening.

We still all ate outside for lunch, where Willie enjoyed French Fries that Oates, with his severely decreasing eyesight, did not seem to notice.

Then we picked up a batch of toys, bones and other birthday treats at the pet store.  Then we revived a tradition that includes not only birthday toys but a dinner of chicken and rice, followed by a cupcake.

All these years, we've usually enjoyed the cupcake at home but tonight we found a street side park across from the shop. Willie and Oates took over the chessboard-decorated table and we all had our cupcakes.

Milestones likes this make me do funny math and tonight I realized I have now lived with these two longer than my mother, father or any of my siblings. Longer than anyone I've ever known or perhaps ever will.

No comments:

Post a Comment