So this is my 500th day in a row of daily pictures of Willie and Oates. It's significant also in that it is the first full day I have not been with them in this time. So I am relying on my dear cousin to take a daily photo of them to keep it going over the next several days. This is the first of those.
They don't look happy. I know they miss me, particularly Willie. I have always felt ambivalent about this of course. I want them to miss me, but I don't want them to be unhappy. I miss them terribly as well.
I asked the universe for a thousand more days with them after their health scares a year and a half ago. I can't believe we are already halfway through that timeline. I am grateful they are still here and hope we have at least 500 more days, if not more. And that I get to spend as many of those with them as I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment