Sunday, July 5, 2015

Brotherly Gaze

This picture from this morning is the closest one yet on the blog of them looking at each other. They are having their weekly outdoor brunch with me and for this brief instant they're looking away from me (and the food on the table).

Willie is clearly looking at Oates but it's not a clear that Oates is returning his gaze.  A little bit maybe.

Not long after this picture, Oates had an eye exam because I've grown concerned with his vision. He's not yet bumping into things, but often can't see treats right in front of him.

It turns out he has cataracts in both eyes. Additionally, he has pigment in each caused by some typical Pug eyelid issues, and these pigments prevent him from even being a candidate for cataract surgery. So we have to treat the pigments for two months to see if that clears things up.

The lovely eye doctor called me a saint for taking care of two elderly dogs so well, but I demurred, saying that I am probably closer to a fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment